Thursday, October 8, 2009

Computer

Sometime in the near future I will be upgrading my computer's internals. Right now my machine is pretty awful with only 2 gigs of RAM, a 160gig hard drive, a 1.6 Ghz CPU, and a terrible Nividia 6100 graphics card. I have always had a passion for the hardware of computers the problem is I've never had the funds but with the job at McDonalds I'm hoping to get maybe this idea will actually work. First I will be getting a new hard drive. It will have 1 terabyte of hard drive space in it that's nearly ten times more than the one i have right now. Next I will probably get a new Biostar TA790GX motherboard with a AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz Black Edition Quad Core Retail Processor. I will probably get a little bit more RAM for more processing power but that might come a little bit later. I'll probably get the RAM after i get my brand new Diamond Radeon HD 4770 Video Card. Also, alot longer down the road I'll probably get a better power supply but I think the one I have right now won't give me much problems other than being a little bit loud. One thing I am not to worried about is the internal cooling. This is because my new graphics card will be coming with a huge fan on it so that wont be much of a problem. At least I hope not... Only time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment